.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, July 14, 2004

BEAT UP POET

I woke up, and I found
Chuck Bukowski gone
No more hookers and hooch hounds
Howling their old drunkard songs
Chuck is gone

I wrote those words for my song "Chuck" back in 94 the day after he passed. It's been 10 years, and now he's getting his due. Modest Mouse has a song on thier new record called Bukowski (See Fred's mp3 of the week for june 28), and now a feature film documentary on the man. I can't wait. Charles Bukowski has been a huge influence on me over the years, and if you've never read him, I suggest the novel "Hollywood" or the collection "The Most Beautiful Woman In Town".

With a stiff drink
A stiff dick
And a hard knuckle rap upside the head
Chuck is dead

Chuck may be dead, but Hank Chinaski lives on...

Comments: Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?