.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, July 07, 2004

FIT TO RULE

A freind recently defended Mr. Bush by saying that he (my friend) had a DWI on his record, and did that make him (my friend) unfit to be president? Hell yes! It shows poor judgement. I have a DWI, among other items, on my record as well, and I know that I show poor judgement. I would make a horrible president. I'd be willing to bet that I could throw an inaugural bash that would put Andrew Jackson's to shame. Mr. Bush has displayed numerous examples of poor judgement prior to and during his time in the White House. It's a matter of public record for chrissakes. The majoritry of people who did vote for this joke (500,000 less than his opponent), did so because they felt he was the kind of guy they could relate to, go and get a beer with. The question is, would these same people want George to give them a lift home after. It's a choice, call a cab now, or call your dad later. George calls his dad alot.

Comments:
Again, my position is not that those who would have to vote for me should not consider my past infractions as indicative of my risk taking or decision making in a future role. That is their right to decide. My contention is that a small single lapse in judgment of this nature is no more relevant in the big picture than getting a blow job in the White House from an intern. It means nothing. If there was a PATTERN of this behavior it would be worthy of note. Your pure hatred for those in office is clouding your ability to to remain pragmatic or objective about anything related. It reminds me of all of my friends harping on me during the first Bush/Clinton election because I wouldn't join them in hating the incumbent as rabidly as they did. Couldn't hold a FACT based discussion with any of them because they were so sure that Clinton/Gore administration were going to change the world (it didn't. Why didn't HE get Bin Laden?), and that things were going to be so different (they weren't, if fact they were worse for a long time. Not blaming Clinton at all for that anymore than I would Bush Sr.). You claim to look for the positive aspects of human nature, but yet all these gov't types are nothing but evil to their very core. I simply don't believe that. You must get beyond this. You must understand that there just might be a chance that a self serving, greed based motive does not lie at the epicenter of EVERY decision this, or any administration makes (surely, some, but not all). Kerry will not change the world anymore than Clinton did. Don't be disappointed when it happens. I won't be...
 
Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?