.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, July 09, 2004

A MIGHTY WIND

In response to my brother' blogg (The Graying of Democracy), something needs to change. It may be scary, but what's not these days. The Electoral College I find particularly archaic, and the two party system, which is no system at all in the strictest of definitions, does nothing but polarize the nation. Sorry Mr. Nader, but you're a non-entity accomplishing nothing but taking the radical vote away from the democrats. I want a no party system, or failing that I support the formation of a new party, the wild party. (thanks Alice) Any way you slice it, it now takes at least two terms in office in order to get a bill through congress. Nothing gets done, at least nothing good. We got that Homeland Security fiasco through overnight, but that was because nobody read it. Everybody was in such a state of panic that they pushed it through despite what nightmarish affronts to our personal freedoms it contained. Meanwhile, I'm still waiting for my health care.

Comments:
I was just going to comment on Frodo's blog and thought I might see if you were going to piggyback. FINALLY something we can all agree with, the utter failure of the two party system to really represent what American's think and believe. Beleive in a STRONG nat'l defense, right to choose, anti-gun, church/state division, personnel accountability (read Bill Cosby) yet who do I get behind? This is why I will feel dirty after casting my vote. Two is not enough.

Just don't have the answers to how to fix unless money can get behind a real third, fourth. etc... party. Any thoughts America?
 
Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?