.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, July 15, 2004

READ BETWEEN THE LINES

I can't help myself, this is too good. I lifted this from JIVETURKEY, via BLOGPULSE
http://www.livejournal.com/users/jiveturky/185733.html
http://www.blogpulse.com/

After waiting around for about 45 minutes, the motorcade passed by us again. A few police cars, followed by a van or two, drove by. Then, a Bush/Cheney bus passed, followed by a second one going slower. At the front of this second bus was The W himself, waving cheerily at his supporters on the other side of the highway. Adam, Brendan, and I rose our banner (the More Trees, Less Bush one) and he turned to wave to our side of the road. His smile faded, and he raised his left arm in our direction. And then, George W. Bush, the 43rd president of the United States of America, extended his middle finger.
Read that last sentence again.
I got flipped off by George W. Bush.
A ponytailed man standing next to us confirmed the event, saying, "I do believe the President of the U.S. just gave you boys the finger."

I think this is the first gesture the President has made that I can respect him for.

Comments: Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?