.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, July 26, 2004

TOO MUCH TOO LITTLE TOO LATE

Tony Alva wants to read the 9/11 commision report, and I applaud him for the effort. I hope he digs up some interesting stuff. I personally think that too many people are using it as an excuse to grind some axes. I don't blame anyone other than the terrorists who committed the heinous act. Hindsight is after all 20/20. It's easy for people to point and blame, but where were they on September 10th 2001? I live, and thrive, in New York. This is my home, and it was attacked, I got a right to bitch. My fellow New Yorkers got a right to bitch. With the exception of those unfortunate souls who lost somebody in the attack on the Pentagon, and those on the flight that went down in Pennsylvania, the rest of the country can shut the fuck up now, we're moving on, so should you. Now as far as events after that fateful morning...
Ladies and gentlemen I give you George W. Bush, apply blame at will.

Comments:
Absolutely right about the hindsight thing and from what I hear on the wires it's a very rational document put together by a balanced bipartisan team. My interest in reading it is only to ensure that the recommendations that the commision makes are put in place be either candidate now and post election, and of course, to dispell all the BS that fatheads like M. Moore routinely allege on a regular basis (report already completely proves that Moore frabricated the Bin Laden family exodus scenario). Hell, even W said at a press conference this weekend that he can't imagine Bill Clinton NOT moving the earth to stop an attack had he know one was emminent. It just wasn't tangible back then. It sounds like those on the committee stayed heads down on the charter task that was given to them which was to find out how we can better improve our chances of preventing anything like this from happening again. If it means everybody looks sloppy in hindsight, then so be it. I say give a pass to everyone even remotely involved so that they feel comfortable talking about mistakes that they may have made in the better interest of avoiding them in the future. This includes that moron diplomat (whose name excapes me at this moment, the one who accused the WH of leaking his wifes name as a CIA op) who got caught sneaking papers out of the nat'l archives.
 
"This includes that moron diplomat (whose name excapes me at this moment, the one who accused the WH of leaking his wifes name as a CIA op) who got caught sneaking papers out of the nat'l archives" T. Alva

These are two different people. The first is (Joe?) Wilson (not Ted's father I presume) and the second is Sandy Berger.
 
Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?