.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, July 16, 2004

WHOOPI LOSES CUSHION

The diet giant (Slim-Fast) dropped the comedy queen from its advertising campaign because the company's executives were unhappy with anti-Bush remarks Goldberg made at a recent political rally.
"While I can appreciate what the Slim-Fast people need to do in order to protect their business, I must also do what I need to do as an artist, as a writer and as an American � not to mention as a comic," Goldberg said in a statement Thursday. "It's unfortunate that, in this country, the two cannot mesh."
- AP Los Angeles, via MSNBC

I'm not worried for Whoopi. I'm sure she's got some Hollywood Squares money left. It just goes to show how polarized this country is over the upcoming election. Besides, Slim-Fast is old hat, everybody's on TrimSpa now, right Anna Nichole? Slim-Fast has bigger issues than this to sort out.

Comments: Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?