.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, September 03, 2004

I, HYPOCRITE

After all my blogging about television coverage of the convention, I ended up watching exactly none of it. As I mentioned a number of blogs back, I no longer have television at home. I don't have it at my studio. I could have tuned into G.W. last night because I was staying at my brother's house, but for some reason Tom Hanks and Jackie Gleason in "Nothing In Common" seemed a better fit. I'm convalescing from minor surgery, and I'm supposed to be taking it easy, so for health reasons, I opted out of the RNC. I guess in all fairness I must admit to a waning in my electoral zealotry. I'm getting tired, and I blame the media. Right? That's where we put all the blame these days - the media. It's always the media's fault, isn't it? As if 'the media' is some sort of outside influence, a common enemy. The media is a mirror I'm afraid, and we are all to blame for it. Alas, I digress. I'll save it for another blog.

Comments: Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?