.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, November 04, 2004

HA HA, CHARADE YOU ARE

A comment on Fred's blog offered up Pink Floyd's 'Animals' as the worst record to excercise to. I agree. But it is my favorite Pink Floyd record, and a timely one too.

From the opening 'Pigs On The Wing Pt 1':

"If you didn't care what happened to me,
And I didn't care for you,
We would zig zag our way through the boredom and pain
Occasionally glancing up through the rain.
Wondering which of the buggars to blame
And watching for pigs on the wing."

Through 'Dogs'

"You have to be trusted by the people that you lie to,
So that when they turn their backs on you,
You'll get the chance to put the knife in."

'Pigs (Three Different Ones)':

'Hey You White House, ha ha charade you are"

'Sheep':

"What do you get for pretending the danger's not real.
Meek and obedient you follow the leader
Down well trodden corridors into the valley of steel.
What a surprise!
A look of terminal shock in your eyes.
Now things are really what they seem.
No, this is no bad dream."

To the closing 'Pigs On The Wing Pt 2':

'You know that I care what happens to you,
And I know that you care for me.
So I don't feel alone,
Or the weight of the stone,
Now that I've found somewhere safe
To bury my bone.
And any fool knows a dog needs a home,
A shelter from pigs on the wing.'

It seems Roger Waters knows what a struggle it is to keep a society on an even keel. And the value of keeping up the fight, of believing in the better nature of mankind. Can one be a cynical optimist?

Comments: Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?