.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, November 18, 2004

OCTOBER

After getting all excited about U2 yesterday, I broke out 'October' when I got home. The Guy had nevber listened to it, and I remember always claiming it as my favorite. Not anymore. There are still awesome songs; 'Tomorrow', 'October', 'I Fall Down', and 'I Threw A Brick', but over all the album does seem rushed (as the band has claimed), and under written (Bono's notebook got stolen in Seattle just prior to the recording of the album). 'Gloria' is a mess. If I had been in Steve Lilliwhite's shoes, I wouldn't have let that one out, but that's easy for me to say, I wasn't there. All in all, it's not a bad record, no U2 record is bad, but it's no 'Unforgettable Fire', my new number one.

Comments: Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?