.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, November 08, 2004

OVERSIGHTS

In my best live albums blog I neglected two great albums; Lou Reed 'Rock And Roll Animal', and Aerosmith 'Live Bootleg'. The live Lou record I already blogged about, 'Live Bootleg' deserves mention because it's a great record despite of itself. It does not chronicle a tour, or a concert, but close to a decade of touring and club gigs. I like it because of what they didn't do. It's uncorrected, mistakes o' plenty, but the feel is there, the feel of a Rock band finding the groove. The versions of 'Back In The Saddle', 'Last Chlid', and 'Sweet Emotion' smoke the original studio cuts. 'Come Together', and 'Mother Popcorn' are great covers, and along with 'Chip Away At The Stone' are not available on any studio record. It's great to get bonus material from a live rercord. I've never owned a cd copy of it, but the record had lot's of great liner notes and photos to boot.

Comments:
Live Bootleg is the first live album I owned at Mother Popcorn has the essential "what the fuck" energy that I measure most live covers by and most don't make that mark.
 
Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?