.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, November 02, 2004

A VOTE FOR JOHN KERRY

At eight o'clock this morning, in Nyack, New York, at the Depew Manor I voted for the second time in my thirty-nine years. I voted Mondale/Ferraro in '84, and well, let's just say I was soured by the experience. This election, no wait, this administration has changed that pessimistic outlook, you gotta be in it to win it, and this time there was too much to loose. I stood on line with three others, a young woman in her twenties, and a couple in their thirties, while the matrons of the polls, all in their seventies, slowly, but meticulously, processed our registration, and sent us behind the curtain. Pulling that lever is a very powerful experience. I was very happy to be using the old style lever machines, having read so much negative press on the electronic ones. It's very scary, hearing for an example, how machines in Pennsylvania came loaded with hundreds of Bush votes already on the machine. I trust very little these days, exept that the current administration will stop at nothing to get re-elected. I do not put tampering and cheating beyond these criminals. I pray that everything goes smoothly, but I doubt it strongly.

Comments: Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?