.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, December 02, 2004

JUST SAY NO

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Federally funded abstinence education programs that are used in 25 states contain false and misleading information about contraception, abortion and sexually transmitted diseases, said Rep. Henry Waxman.

Abstinence, as a policy, is truly laughable, and what's worse is that it's dangerous. When the time comes, and we all know it will, what happens to the teenager who has been given no support in terms of options? They will do without. They will have unprotected sex, because they thought that they could wait, but in reality they couldn't, and there they are, wherever they are, without a condom. Hell, it seems I thought about little else when I was sixteen, I couldn't wait to get Mr. Happy into action, and when, thank God, the time came, guess what? I had a condom (stole it from Dad), and nobody got sick or knocked up. I don't know where she is, and I can't even remember her name, but I know that neither one of us did the other any harm, quite the contrary in fact. Abstain? Why? I see no reason to do anything of the sort. Percieved morality cannot substitute for intelligence. If you educate your child, and give your child love and respect, then your child will make the right decisions. 'Just say no' never works.

Comments: Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?