.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, January 11, 2005

I LOVE L.A.

Not in the way that Randy Newman does, not like a resident, but I am fond of this city. I think it stems from the fact that everywhere I go, I'm somehow reminded of a Warren Zevon song. Gower Avenue, Trader Vic's, Ensenada, Echo Park, Alvarado Street, Mullholland Drive, L'Ermitage, the list goes on. And then there's those Hollywood nights in those Hollywood hills. I mean I practically feel like an Eagle, or at least somebody who might have been in Jackson Browne's band. I can feel that Cali sound, I feel it on my skin when the sun shines, I can smell the music in the air. It's in the tree lined streets, and the post modern architecture of the houses in the hills. It makes me feel good, and I think that's what that sound was all about. Feelin' good. Fortunately for me, not only can I check out any time I like, but I can leave as well.

Comments:
A bungie visit to LA is always nice. Although my namesake is from the dirty streets of Santa Monica (Dogtown) I'd NEVER want to live there. No offense to any left coast readers...

TA
 
I am with you. I always enjoy LA. It's an amazing place to spend a week or two.
 
Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?