.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, January 09, 2005

JETS JETS JETS

The lobby bar at the Westin Bonaventure in Los Angeles can be seen from my workroom on the second floor. During a smoke break I noticed that THE BIG GAME was on. I had nearly forgotten about football, being deep under THE GRID. THE BIG GAME was already in Overtime when I found a spare moment to check it out. I felt for the Chargers’ rookie kicker, who missed an easy Field Goal, but not enough. What surprised me most was the number of Jet fans here in LA. When the Jets’ kicker got his chance, he made the best of it, twice, due to a deftly placed time-out on the part of the Chargers. The place exploded. Then I went back to work.

Comments: Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?