.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, January 09, 2005

TOO FAST FOR LOVE

In 1981, I was in New York City becoming a Naturalized Citizen (I was born outside of the US), and my parents were kind enough to take me shopping afterward. I walked into a record shop on 8th street and saw a record on display. The cover was of a man’s crotch adorned in leather and studs. I couldn’t help myself, I had to buy it. The album, of course, was Motley Crüe’s ‘Too Fast For Love’. I brought it home, and it spoke to me. I played it for my friends, and at first nobody else much cared for it. I liked the blend of pop, metal, and punk, and before too long, it seemed everybody was a Crüe fan. The album of course is horribly recorded. We played it at Olive’s on Thursday night during one of Andy Rock’s vinyl nights behind the bar. I guess I’m used to the god awful tones on the record, because although I know they suck complete ass, it doesn’t bother me too much. I can laugh it off and still dig the riffs and melodies. I’m sure Chris would rather plunge a rusty fork in his eye than listen to this record, and that’s understandable. He can listen to the Yes ‘Union’ album which has good tone, but awful lyrics and banal melodies; I prefer the old Crüe. I’d take ‘Close To The Edge’ over any Crüe record, but that’s a whole other blog.

Comments:
[Ken] I have the Lethur Records version. Great album indeed.
 
Where were you born?
 
Meunchweiller an der Rodalb, in the former West Germany.
 
The record that I purchased on that day was the original Lethur Records version, I lost it a couplke of years later whn I leant it to Mike Honaker, bastard!
 
Does this make you ineligible for the Presidency?

DC
 
Quick answer is that Jackson is very much eligable to be President of the United States under the existing guidelines. I too was born in the former West Germany (but speak less German than Jackson) and have had the same question posed many times. What do you think Jackson, a Jackson/Alva ticket in 2008? We'll repledge the Tommy Chong platform of a guitar in every room. We'd win in a landslide...
 
[Ken] Well, Jackson, I think a transfer of the original record to CD could be arranged if you want.
 
I'd never be so cruel to a rusty fork!

And while I do believe that the "Union" record is flawed, there really are some good melodies (and lyrics) in there. Sure, there's no "We eat/at Chez Nous," but hey, times had changed.

By the way, love the oomlots (if that's how you spell it).
 
You need an oomlout to spell oomlout, it goes over the 'oo', which would be a 'u'.
 
Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?