.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, November 15, 2005

SHIVER ME TIMBRES

George issued his Beta V.1 of Brain Shivers to Chris and Myself two nights ago. "Make notes", he said, as he ran out the door. Since then he's done more work, and will be giving us the Beta V.2 tonight which will include 'Road Lag', which wasn't on the first version.

In a nutshell, this means that we will probably have Brain Shivers done for a Christmas release date. Rob Machold has expressed interest in helping us fund our initial run of CD's. This won't be a 'do it ourselves' product like we have attempted to do in the past. We'll outsource the reproduction of both the CD's and the booklets.

I don't know if Chris will have time to do the design for the booklet. I've always liked his concepts for cover art, and I hope he will deliver, but if not, we've got Fred Caputi, who did our Smoke and Mirrors logo, as well as the design for our "All The Bricks: Pink Floyd's The Wall", which we never got around to printing, but you can listen to it here.

I'm excited about Brain Shivers again. At the time we were writing and doing the initial tracking I was ecstatic about the quality of songwriting and production. It was, and is, the best thing I've been a party to - ever. I'm getting that feeling back. Two years is a long time to wait, and for me it's an eternity, but I like what I'm hearing. George has done some incredible work on this record. There have been some painful compromises, but I think everybody will be happy with the final product. I know I'll be happy just to have a product.

Comments:
It's not done until there's a glass master.

I do hope we get around to releasing this one. Otherwise I'm going to curl up in a ball and pretend the last 2+ years never happened.

The stuff does sound good. A few nights ago George mentioned that we should put out a B-sides record, which we've already been working on...
 
For every action there's an equal and opposite reaction. For every song George rejected, another was submitted, and the B-Side's record grew of it's own accord.
 
Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?