.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, March 09, 2006

OUT TO LUNCH

I've been spending a great deal of time at Main Drag Music lately. I bought the Ampeg B-25B there. Apparently it was on consignment, so they are waiting to hear back from that guy before they can re-cap the amp. In the mean time, I brought my Epiphone double cut-away (think SG) Junior in to be set up for the open G, 5-string, Keith tuning (G,D,G,B,D). Chris and I were having some intonation issues while working on the long awaited, eagerly anticipated, Ted Record, or my 'Rock and Roll' record, as I've been calling it. It might be called 'Stoned Again', which would befit the record on account of all the dealings going on at Main Drag - these guys are seriously stoned.

Anyhoo....

Popping in and out of Main Drag, as I've been doing, as I've mentioned, I noticed a Les Paul Special double cut away copy (Ashland by Crafter). Basically it's a Chinese made version of this:


I've always wanted one. Ian Hunter, Joan Jett, Johnny Thunders, and Paul Stanley are notable Rock Gods who have played one. The one I saw, was blonde. I'd have accepted the mahogany finish (above), but was quite happy with the blonde, and I bought it.

195 dollars.

A Gibson would cost me 5 times that amount.

I played it at the store, through a Fender Super Reverb, and it sounded great, it played well too.

I called George when I got it back to the studio, I wanted him to set it up for me. He shook his head when he saw it. "ASHLAND! WHY?"

Well I had George plug it into Chris' Fender Deluxe. It sounded awesome! Two P-90's!

He was duly convinced of it's worth, and now I'm waiting for him to have lunch.

Comments:
At the very least, the state of Main Drag Music's economy is good.

Which means they should have no trouble getting their lunch.
 
The state of George's economy would improve if he would come back from lunch.

He should work at Main Drag.
 
Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?