.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

YORKE: SCREW BLAIR

LONDON, England (AP) -- Radiohead frontman Thom Yorke says he turned down the chance to discuss climate change with Tony Blair because the British prime minister has "no environmental credentials."

I have no doubt of Thom's assessment of Mr. Blair. I also think Thom just isn't cut out for the spokesman role - he's a bit too fragile emotionally to deal with prigs and warmongering capitalists. Best to leave that stuff to Bono, he's self righteous enough to wade through the muck of spin doctors, and Irish enough to stick to it for as long as it takes.


Comments:
Warmongering capitalist?

Who are you, Abbie Hoffman?
 
Hoffman was a lunatic, and you know who I am. The question is who's not a warmongering capitalist. Blairs bunch is as evil as Bush's gang. War=Money, fuck the enviroment, ect.
 
In all seriousness, I read the article at yahoo, CNN, and BBC and found it quite interesting really. What I got out of York's backing out of the meeting with Blair is what many discover, including me, who shout, rail, demonstrate, etc... about one issue of another is this fact: EVERYTHING is far more complicated than it appears on the surface when it comes to issues like this. York's claimed that he was put off by the briefings with Blair’s “spin doctors”. That sounds like bullshit to me. Sounds to me like once he was given the details of whatever environmental policy discussion they were going to have, it became to much to deal with.

"I came out of that whole period just thinking, I don't want to get involved directly, it's poison. I'll just shout my mouth off from the sidelines."

Activist: “Close down the plant! Close down the plant! Close down the plant!”

Citizen: “You know if you close down the plant, you’ll be putting 1,500 workers out of their jobs?”

Activist: “That’s too much detail for me to handle, so I’m not going to worry about it. Close down the plant! Close down the plant! Close down the plant!”

I don’t know man. Sounds to me like he missed a chance to educate someone he felt lacked an understanding of an issue he claims to feel near and dear to him.
 
Yeah, that's, uh, what I thought I said. I think the 'warmongering capitalist' bit threw you off. That's understandable. I don't think Thom has the emotional stamina to take it to The Man. The Man comes with a lot of shit to sort through.
 
Post a Comment


Links to this post:

Create a Link

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?