.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

OLMERT

I like Ehud Olmert despite my inclination do dislike him. I'm not ecstatic over his infatuation with Mr. Bush The Current, and as I have stated before, I'm not a big fan of Israel either.

Don't get me wrong, I haven't any anti-semetic ideals, I just don't trust any nation founded upon a single faith. I don't think it was wise for the UN to hand over Palestine to the Zionists back in the 1950's, and I believe that that mistake is the cause of much of our current woes in that region.

That being said, I like Ehud. Ehud reminds me of another Son of Abraham, a man we call both Paul and Saul. Ehud travelled his own road to Damascus, and has come out on the other side a changed man.

When Olmert was Mayor of Jerusalem he was a staunch conservative anti-Palestine hardliner. He was, and is, also married to writer/artist Aliza Olmert who is as leftie as you can get in Israel, and their children take after her. Surrounded by, and in love with the enemy, Omert held fast for many years - until recently. He now favors a Gaza pull-out.

"I voted against Menachem Begin, I told him it was a historic mistake, how dangerous it would be, and so on and so on. Now I am sorry he is not alive for me to be able to publicly recognize his wisdom and my mistake. He was right and I was wrong. Thank God we pulled out of the Sinai."

The story of Ehud Olmert is a story of hope, reconcilliation, and hopefully, Peace.

Comments: Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?