.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

THE PUBLIC IMAGE

Album/Compact Disc/Cassette

When I got it it was 'Album'. Most PIL fans would probably rate any number of records over this one, but, for me, this album stands spiky hair and sloped shoulders above the rest.

One record was what was required from The Sex Pistols, but John had more to say - or at least more ways to say the same things. I like John. I like PIL. I love this...er....Album.

FFF, Fishing, and, of course, Rise.

Comments:
Funny you mention this. I also have it as Album. In the last month or two something inspired me to break it out and listen it. It was great. I don't know if it's my favorite Pil album, but it's a great one.

I didn't get to see them live until the 1989 tour with New Order and the Sugarcubes. But the show a few years later at the Ritz was much better for me. Much smaller venue than the Brenden Byrne Arena, and they did EMI.
 
I think the reason I like this one so much is probably the reason purists don't, two words: Steve Vai.
 
I didn't know people had a problem with Vai playing on it. Who cares. Right tool for the job. And I trust Lydon to know what that right tool is. And besides, Vai is a great guitarist.
 
I have to admit that the one Via show I saw ranks as one of the best shows I've ever seen. It was amazing.
 
Post a Comment


Links to this post:

Create a Link

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?