.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, July 09, 2006

CRYING FOUL/IT'S MY OWN DAMN FAULT - I KNEW THIS WOULD HAPPEN


I accidentally bought the 'remastered' CD of the first Ozzy record "Blizzard of Ozz". Now I knew that a few years back Sharon got Ozzy to have the drums and bass tracks on that record redone with his current bassist and drummer.

That's such a shitty thing to do. To Bob Daisley and Lee Kerslake, and to me, and to anyone who loved that record.

I simply did an impulse buy, 8.99 on sale at Virgin. I had a memory lapse and forgot about the bogus 'remastering'. That CD lasted about a half of 'I Don't Know' before I pulled it out of the player in disgust.

I am glad I heard it. It's not the same record.

Ozzy should be more ashamed of that than snorting ants with Motley Crue.

It was an obvious move to resolve some financial disputes between Bob Daisley and Sharon.

Sadly, Bob's not a very good business man.

Comments:
I'm familair with the story here, but have not a/b'd the tracks. Did they attempt to duplicate bass and drums exactly?
 
As much as I worship those two records I almost want to buy them and do the comparison...
 
You can do 'Diary', and I'll give you my 'Blizzard'.
 
The time has never been more ripe for "Gizzard of Oz" cover version.
 
Let's do it!!! Hell, I'll be out of work in Nov. with lots of time on my hands.
 
I'm down for it.
 
Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?