.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, November 13, 2006

SMOKE NAZIS

I shouldn't smoke. I know that. I smoke less these days, and plan to phase it out altogether, but I have a stressful job, and when I am on-site, out come the Parliaments.

I work in hotels. A good number of my associates are smokers - die hards, with no intention of quitting - ever.

Westin is a non-smoking hotel chain, and now, Marriott has gone smoke free as well.

They are stupid. Willard Marriott, shown above, is actively pursuing a vendetta against smokers.

We will smoke in the rooms regardless of your financial threats and attempts to keep us from engaging in a LEGAL activity in the privacy of our homes.

Yes, our homes. For that week, my room is my home.

The fascist owners of these hotel chains are, as I have said, stupid. They will incur much more trouble and cost due to their vendetta against us law abiding citizens.

Think about it. If you have 100 hundred smoking rooms, you know where the smoking is happening. If you have no smoking rooms, 100 random rooms will now become smoking rooms by default every night, and you'll have to find them, and clean them.

Silly.

I do not get to choose the venue for the meetings I work. If I did, I'd pick sensible hotels, like Hyatt, or Hilton, who have not chosen to persecute a large portion of their customer base.

Fuck you Willard.

Comments: Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?