.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, May 24, 2007

GP





I'm leery of myths, because, well, they're mythical.

So much has been made of the influence of Gram Parsons on the 70's music scene of which I am amongst those of whom refuse to let it go type variety.

So it was inevitable that I would eventually get my due diligence in on this whole Gram Parsons thing.

First there's the whole Keith/Nellcote/Exile thing.

Then there's the whole dope thing.

Culminating in the whole O.D./stolen body/desert burial thing.

But what of the music?

I bought, on vinyl mind you, both 'Grievous Angels', and 'GP'.























It is that good.

It is worthy of myth.

And yes, we can blame Don Henley on him.

Comments:
GP is woefully under represented in my collection too. I was thinking about buying this big boxed set. Is it a good place to start?
 
BTW... You should add Don Henley to the list of Savage Distortion hate list. I think his a dick for a couple of reasons, but you have mentioned your hatred for him him a couple of times, I'm kinda curious to hear you list of reasons.
 
The box set has both of the LPs I listed, plus alternate versions - looks good to me.

I hate Don, but I can't call him talentless or worthless, he's in a class by himself.
 
Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?