.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, July 12, 2007

SUNDAY NIGHT UNCERTAINTY

It seems there was time, looking back that is, when Sunday night was a lock. HBO was delivering the goods in a consistent manner. The Sopranos, Six Feet Under, Deadwood, okay, I'll throw in Sex In the City, though I personally never watched it, really, I swear...Anyway, Band of Brothers, Curb Your Enthusiasm, you could count in Sunday night.

That was then, or so it seems, like I said.

Now?

Big Love? Can't do it. We tried, it didn't take. Nothing ever really happened. The characters weren't endearing, specially Chloe Sevigny's, whom I can't stand. I used to love Bill Paxton, back in the 'Chet' days, but he's become a snore.

John From Cincinnati? Jury's out, but it doesn't look good.

Entourage? Growing on me. I hated the concept, but Kevin Dillon and Jeremy Pivet are hard to resist.

The good news?

Flight of the Conchords. Brilliant.

Comments:
Me and Mrs. Alva feel same re: Sunday night. We like Big Love, but are pissed they moved it to Monday. FotC is awesome. The Tape of Love smells like a hit to me.
 
Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?