.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, February 20, 2008



WIDOWMAKER

I recently re-discovered my box of cassettes. It's been fun listening to old mix tapes. It has put me back in touch with some old faves.

Like Widowmaker.

Comprised of Mott The Hoople, Hawkwind, and future Blizzard of Ozz alums, it seemed a good bet.

Widowmaker is less than the sum of its parts.

There were a few good moments on their self titled debut (1976). Given the pedigree, I wanted to like it.

I've never seen their second, and last LP, 'Too Late To Cry', but I've had the first one since high school. 'Such A Shame', and 'Pin A Rose' were the standout tracks.


Comments:
I clearly remember the album cover... I don't think I ever listened to a song on it.
 
Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?